Friday, January 19, 2007

Sunny Day

Today was a nice day, but windy. I heard the alarm on my weather station go off several times indicating a wind speed of 30mph or higher. I think the highest wind gust though was 31mph at 1:30pm today. Temperatures were cool with highs in the mid 30's. Those temperatures plus the wind made for a very January like day.

Waiting on the snow for Sunday. Some forecasters are indicating that the storm is heading farther north than originally predicted. This means that by the afternoon some warmer air may be brought into the southern edge of the system giving sleet and freezing rain in the Cincinnati area. I think it will be all snow here though. I'm looking for at least 3 inches in our area. I just wish it would begin in the late afternoon and not the early morning.