Saturday, October 20, 2007

Tornado Outbreak

Our severe weather threat certainly became a reality, but not for the local area. There were 29 tornados reported on October 18 with the closest being along the Ohio River southwest of Louisville, Kentucky and in the northern part of Indiana in the town of Nappanee. The Nappanee tornado was the strongest in the state rating as an EF3. This category of storm has winds up to 170 miles per hour. There are several photos of the storm on my photo blog at http://picasaweb.google.com/Toby.Witt .

On a more pleasant note, the fall color has exploded around here in recent days.
I have posted some photos of this on my photo blog too. Here are a couple of my favorites though.

Well, blogger isn't allowing me to upload photos at the moment, but go to my photo blog to see the photos.