Sunday, October 21, 2012

Winter 2012-2013 Forecast

It's been so long since I've logged in to my Blogger account I discovered the whole layout on the admin side of things has changed.  I guess that can happen after a 10 month break.  I'm hoping to get back in the swing of blogging about the local weather though as my favorite and most exciting time for weather is upon us... winter!  Although winter is still six weeks away it is never too early to begin thinking about what the coming months will bring.  Last winter blew chunks of rainbows and lollipops in my opinion.  It was the least snowy, warmest, and most boring winter I can remember in my 40 years.  I hope we don't repeat it this winter.


Although I put absolutely zero confidence in long term predictions, the NWS gives the eastern half of the nation an "Equal Chance" of above or below temperatures and precipitation for November, December, and January.  The Old Farmer's Almanac says the eastern half of the nation will be wetter than normal with colder than normal temperatures.  I hope they are right!

No comments: